Shared by: Erik
What do you call pop music when it’s not really pop? Like if Baby One More Time wasn’t a hit, what genre is it? Is it still just pop? I ask because I feel like I should categorize this album as more than just a pop record, but I don’t really know what to call it. It doesn’t really matter, genres are silly anyway, but it was a thought I had through the record.
Genre aside this album is full of catchy hooks and very good singing. The production is mostly crunchy, reminding me of like MGMT and those 2010s bands that I don’t know any of the names of. But it’s done well instead of feeling derivative. Occasionally, Remi Wolf’s vocal sound like the album cover kind of looks: like she just had a tooth removed and has cotton balls in her mouth and a wrap around her head. That can be a little distracting, but thankfully doesn’t take away from the album too much.
Hell Yeah
Fave: Alone In Miami, Soup
Least: Kangaroo, Cherries & Cream
0 comments:
Post a Comment