Shared by: Mariaisabel
It’s weird thinking about how many artists there are that I’ve known the name of forever but have literally never listened to a song of theirs. Alt-J is certainly one of those instances. The sound they’re going for is pretty cool, I like the mix of electronic and live instrumentation. I think the production is part of the sound, which I feel like sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. For example, the drums are never a standard “studio quality” drum sound. Sometimes the sound really adds a flavor, where other times it just sounds like a bad recording. They use that late 00s early 10s boomy distorted synth bass a lot. Sometimes it’s a strong addition, sometimes it’s a boomy mess.
The vocals, for me, are the weakest part of the album. Much of the time the performance just isn’t on par with the grandiosity of the track.
Also I think going immediately from Intro to Interlude 1 is super funny but also a weird choice
Cool
Fave: Dissolve Me,
Least: Intro,
0 comments:
Post a Comment