Wednesday, February 26, 2025

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Shared by: Self

I didn't expect to be wishing for Classic Beatles so soon. If there's one genre/style of music I've really never been able to get into, it's what I would attempt to lump together as "circus music". And this is circus music. Honestly rude of the band to tell people they're not touring anymore, and then the first song on the album is as though a band was playing a show.

I won't knock the album for it's contributions to music as a whole, and the idea of a concept album, but in general, this is not something I want to listen to. Strangely enough, all this cornball weirdness really lets A Day In The Life hit way harder than I think it ever has when I've heard it before.

Disappointing

Fave: A Day In The Life,
Least: Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!,

0 comments: