Friday, February 7, 2025

Iceboy Violet - Not A Dream But A Controlled Explosion

Iceboy Violet - Not A Dream But A Controlled Explosion

Shared by: Thomas L

Sorry, can you repeat that? This is a short album with some heavy beats and a lot of rhymes. It’s definitely got a cool vibe, but that vibe also maybe hinders it a bit.

Every song could use a final bit of mixing. Some simple EQ on the beat would probably clean it up just enough to let it shine better. The vocals are also kind of low. I’m not one to pay attention to lyrics much on the first pass of something, but it feels like the words are meant to be the star here. I can tell there’s a lot of them, and most songs don’t really have a hook, so it’s gotta be all about the lyrics. But I just can’t hear those lyrics.

Word

Fave: Pablo’s Cathedral,
Least: Wounded Coogi,

0 comments: