Tuesday, January 14, 2025

The Fall Of Troy - Phantom On The Horizon

The Fall Of Troy - Phantom On The Horizon

Shared by: Self

This album feels like vaporware to me. I remember hearing about a concept album in the works from The Fall Of Troy from friend in “the know” and being like “what the hell are you talking about?” Suddenly I was shown the Ghostship Demos and was like “oh snap”. This stuff was GOOD. And for “demos”, honestly pretty solid sounding. I thought if we were to get a concept album like this, I would be floored.
But we got Manipulator instead, which seemed… odd. But the album was really good so I wasn’t sweating it. Figured it was an idea but they couldn’t finish the concept so it was scrapped. No biggie. But then some chaos ensues. The bassist leaves the band (which I’m gonna get into on the next album) and then… bam. Phantom On The Horizon. Hey, wasn’t it called Ghostship?
I don’t know how to review this thing. It annoys me. The demos are, for the most part, straight up better. When this came out, I took it and spliced it with the demos and added that mix to my Zune instead of the full Phantom versions. It’s weird to listen now, since I haven’t listened to it in full in a while. I’m pretty sure I remember actually cutting between versions mid song, but I can’t remember where. I just know I don’t really like listening to this version in full. The intro to chapter 1 is way less cool, the chorus in chapter 5 is wildly disappointing in comparison. 2 and 3 are great additions though for sure. So my review of Phantom On The Horizon is Disappointing, but my personal version is straight up Classic. I gotta dig out the Zune.
Oh yea, all this talk about a concept album, and I’ll be honest… I don’t know like any lyrics on this thing
*fave and least are specifically based on Phantom versions*

Disappointing

Fave: Chapter III: Nostalgic Mannerisms,
Least: Chapter I: Introverting Dimensions,

0 comments: