Shared by: Self
I wasn’t looking forward to relistening to this album. I was thinking “it’s just Doppelgänger but worse.” And when I started the listen I felt validated. Production on this album is so weird, because it’s so CLOSE. Particularly after coming off Doppelgänger, it just feels really choked and like the cut all the airy high end out of everything. Also the distortion change in Oh! The Casino! is jarring every single time. But if I take off my annoying audio guy ears, I realize this album is actually a treat. It’s way more consistent than Doppelgänger, though admittedly the highs don’t go quite as high. I simply enjoy myself more listening to this one, and there’s less mess that feels like maybe they just couldn’t quite get the rhythm. If this was its own record, not living in Doppelgänger’s shadow, it possibly could’ve done better than I feel like it did. But everyone wants more F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. And I realize I’m part of the problem.
Classic
Fave: The Dark Trail,
Least: A Man. A Plan. A Canal. Panama.,
0 comments:
Post a Comment