Sunday, January 12, 2025

The Fall Of Troy - Doppelganger

The Fall Of Troy - Doppelganger

Shared by: Self

When I first heard F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. on Jaydee’s MySpace, my jaw DROPPED. That intro messed me up and I needed to learn more. I soon found out it was done with a delay pedal, which was disappointing, but still incredible, and I got to experience even more ridiculous guitar work from the band as a result. I never really got into bands like this at the time, Chiodos, The Number 12 Looks Like You, they never really struck a chord with me, but something about The Fall Of Troy’s unbridled insanity really struck a chord with me. Do they take it too far sometimes? Is the verse of “You Got a Death Warrant, Johnny Truant” an absolute mess? Does The Hol[]y Tape… honestly just suck? Absolutely to all of the above, but sometimes you gotta just let loose. Them being a three piece (and with their songs moreso showcasing just three instruments at a time) just sealed the deal, because I love a band that shows you don’t need too many people.

Classic

Fave: Mouths Like Sidewinder Missles,
Least: The Hol[]y Tape…,

0 comments: