Thursday, January 16, 2025

The Fall Of Troy - OK

The Fall Of Troy - OK

Shared by: Self

Well, after I complained about the production for their whole discography*, The Fall Of Troy comes back from a hiatus with just desserts: Four versions of their next album. OK is the standard official release. OK#2 is the same but… less mixing I guess? I think they marketed it as being “more raw”. And then OK#3.1 and 3.2 are instrumental versions of each of those. So what do I listen to? How do I choose? After much reflection, I just went with the OG OK. Might as well go with the original intent. But I won’t talk trash about the production. They win.

Anyway, Tim is back! And I feel like there is a return to a sound I associate with the Fall of Troy. But I also start to wonder if age is finally catching up to Thomas, and the vocals are a lot rougher in this one. Not much in the line of powerful clean vocals which is kind of a bummer. Also… through these listens I keep hearing random lyrics. Are the lyrics always… bad? I’m pretty sure no but geez. I don’t like it. But I’m not here for lyrics.

Wow

Fave: An Ode To The Masochists,
Least: Love Sick,

0 comments: