Saturday, January 18, 2025

The Fall Of Troy - The Fall Of Troy

The Fall Of Troy - The Fall Of Troy

Shared by: Self

Okay, I’ll finally explain. Why did I listen to their first album last? Mostly it’s because I was introduced to The Fakl Of Troy with Doppelgänger, so that’s what I wanted to hear first. But then, this album shares a few songs with that one, so I wanted to space that apart so as to not listen to the same songs right after eachother. It’s interesting hearing these early versions, because unlike Phantom on The Horizon, the songs have barely changed. The performances are sloppier, and there’s some changes like the solo in Mouths Like Sidewinder Missiles and the bass line in Wacko Jacko Steals The Elephant Man’s Bones, but otherwise it’s clear they knew what they wanted from the jump here.

The obvious exception is F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P., which is slower than its remix, and the bass!! plays the lead!! in the verse!! If I really had to prove my earlier conspiracy theory, this would be my first piece of evidence.
The songs we don’t already know mesh well with the ones we do as well. I’d say if the production wasn’t different, any song from this and Doppelgänger could be switched pretty seamlessly, which is less true in later releases.

Running through The Fall Of Troy’s discography in a marathon fashion has been somewhat exhausting. It’s a lot of high energy a lot of the time, with some intentionally challenging moments that you rarely get a proper break from. I probably wouldn’t do this again unless I was in a really particular mood. But on their own, each album has enough in it (in some cases a lot in it) to keep me coming back, if just at a lesser frequency.

Wow

Fave: The Circus That Has Brought Us Back To These Nights (Yo Chocola),
Least: Rockstar Nailbomb!,

0 comments: