Wednesday, January 29, 2025

The Cars - Heartbeat City (Expanded Edition)

The Cars - Heartbeat City (Expanded Edition)

Shared by: Rob

Dang, I wish this hit harder. I only really know The Cara from Just What I Needed, but that’s on their self titled record, not this one. It’s clear their sound has evolved since then. Unfortunately for me, it’s not the kind of evolution I would have hoped for. I’ve definitely heard Drive before, though I’m surprised to see it more popular than Just What I Needed. I also listened to the “Expanded Edition” which has a 2017 Remaster… I’m not really convinced by it.

I don’t think I’m really being fair. It’s a good album, it’s just about as fun and good vibes as I wanted it to be. I just wanted to feel it more. Maybe it’s just because the first song was called Hello Again and I’m possessive.

Should Revisit

Fave: ,
Least: ,

0 comments: