Saturday, January 25, 2025

Looming - Nailbiter

Looming - Nailbiter

Shared by: Craig S

Looming is one of those bands that’s been in my periphery for a long time, but I’ve never taken the time to listen. To the point where I assumed I’d get something vaguely emo-esque, but I had no clue after that. I wasn’t off base, so not a huge surprise, and yet, I was still surprised! The album has a lot going for it.

My biggest issue with this album is in the vocal production. The singing accent mixed with the added saturation gives it this old 1920’s Vaudeville sound that really takes me out of the experience. And I really feel like if the saturation was just relaxed (and then update the general vocal mix as required with lowering the saturation) the listening experience would be less jarring. But am I encroaching on the artists intent?

Word

Fave: Eat, New Eyes
Least: ,

0 comments: