Shared by: Mia
I need to believe that Jim Croce is the MC Hammer of his time, yknow, the whole thing about “The Hammer”. Why else are we comparing messing around with Jim to pulling on Superman’s cape? This guy is T U F F. He’s the Hard Time Losin’ Man. He IS Rapid Roy. He wrote the gentrifier anthem. Don’t mess around with him.
On the other hand, he’s got that sad boy Drake style. He’s calling the operator to get someone’s number cuz they don’t call him anymore. He’s looking toward tomorrow, but also looking back at memories.
I gotta say, he pulls off sad boy better. I really don’t believe in this tough guy persona. All these songs have an unaggressive sound. Though the instrumentation seems reasonably lush most of the time, the production keeps it very subdued. Some songs I kind of want a pretty minimal remaster, just adding in a lil more high end to let stuff breathe a little more.
Cool
Fave: Operator (That’s Not The Way It Feels), New York’s Not My Home
Least: Time In A Bottle,
0 comments:
Post a Comment