Shared by: Sully
When this was suggested to me, I was told that the artist’s story was fascinating. So before I listened I googled, because I had to know. For anyone not up on the hot goss, Connie was an artist in the 50s who did a few solo recordings with friends but never had a real release. That is until the 21st century where her music has gotten much more recognition (and a proper release). Oh yea, and one day she was like “peace” and disappeared forever. It’s almost uncanny to hear music of this style from the 50s. Its hard to describe. Obviously a trailblazer for the time, but not particularly groundbreaking in 2024 (which wouldn’t be fair). So many artists have come along with similar sounds, but the chances of them being directly influenced by Connie’s music are incredibly thin. How do you describe music like this, in a bubble all its own? The bias of time is hard to ignore. I will say that now, it is a very enjoyable, if not occasionally haunting listen. For the 50s… well, Marty McFly has a quote for them.
Wow
Fave: One By One,
Least: ,
0 comments:
Post a Comment