Friday, January 3, 2025

Kendrick Lamar - gnx

Kendrick Lamar - gnx

Shared by: Peter

I’ve been pretty sure with the last 3 Kendrick records that I’ve been told “this is his last one, he’s retiring!” So when I got a text from Peter “new Kendrick and I’m at work” I said “HUH?” But there it was, a full regularly sized album out of nowhere.
Kendrick typically goes pretty deep, and this one definitely feels like there’s context I’m missing, but don’t necessarily want to look into. Why is there spanish singing peppered throughout the album? While his songs are usually pretty dense, this album definitely felt more rap heavy than usual, with less hooks. Also, it kind of felt like he was like “oh, yall loved that trash beat from Not Like Us. I can churn out plenty of those. “MUSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!” I probably like this release least because of all those beats of that type, but there’s still enough cool ones in here that it’s still a good listen.

Hell Yeah

Fave: reincarnated,
Least: ,

0 comments: