Shared by: Self
Spoiler Alert: I love Their / They’re / There. I’ll cover it more when I cover their EPs, but I feel like they mesh crazy mathy riffs with truly catchy melodies like no other. And I’ll be honest, this album challenges that assessment a bit. There’s a lot here heavier than what I would’ve expected from them, but it’s been like 10 years and a drummer since their last release. My bigger complaint is in the production of this album, however. It’s like it’s too aggressive for what it is. It demands I turn it way up so I can feel like I can properly hear it, but then my ears hurt cuz the drums are completely blasting into my skull. They’re gonna take that as a compliment smh. Also, the bass is all low end which is odd to me because Evan’s bass tone is usually so solid.
But enough complaining about production. I still love the hell out of this album. Still some of the most impressive guitar playing I’ve heard with parts that make me go huh??? Still some of the grooviest bass lines for this genre. Jared fills the hole Mike left quite well. Every song is memorable in its own way. In the end, I’m just thankful we got more music from them at all, because I was sure the good times were over.
New Love
Fave: Enemies Of Every Feather,
Least: A Patient (Cured) Is A Customer (Lost),
0 comments:
Post a Comment