Tuesday, January 21, 2025

Angel Olsen - MY WOMAN

Angel Olsen - MY WOMAN

Shared by: Mariaisabel

When I hear "Angel Olsen" I think "Taylor Momsen", which should tell you how woefully unprepared I was for this album. I was twicely unprepared, in fact, because the first song has a completely different sound than the entire rest of the album. So it started and I said "oh it's gonna be an album like THIS" and then the rest of the album wasn't like that at all. Which feels like a poor decision (especially since my Googling tells me the first song, Intern, was also the first single for the album), because it actively misleads the listener into having an expectation. For me, I was expecting a more diverse set of songs, but the album outside of the first song is definitely within one genre.

And I feel like that isn't fair to the rest of the album, because there's nothing wrong with an album basically just being cohesive. The vibe is definitely chill, a lil lofi (but well produced), with a lil sad and a lil happy. Angel's voice is pretty... Angelic, if that's not too silly of a descriptor. If I wasn't too focused on expecting vibe changes, I probably would've paid attention to the individual songs more and found more to love.

Cool

Fave: Sister,
Least: Intern,

0 comments: