Thursday, December 26, 2024

M83 - Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming

M83 - Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming

Shared by: Frisco

When I think of M83, I accidentally start thinking about SR-71. But then I see Midnight City and realize what kind of band I’m actually about to hear. I’ve never been a big fan of Midnight City, but didn’t want that to color my experience with the whole album. I was pretty surprised to hear the intro song last like 5 minutes and basically be a full song, which is contrasted by some other songs which actually get names but feel like glorified interludes. I also have some mixed feelings on the production, as it’s basically perfect for what it is, but I feel like open the door for some copycats on a production style that isn’t my favorite. But I understand I can’t hold that against the album itself. On the other hand, there’s some really cool stuff on here, and some moments (like the TikTok song) that really hit like a ton of bricks. Am I supposed to be having moments while driving home from work?


Wow

Fave: Where The Boats Go, This Bright Flash
Least: Year One, One Ufo,

0 comments: