Shared by: Self
When this album came out, I remember some people had various songs from it as their MySpace song. And I felt like I was dumb for not getting it, but I never gave the full album a shot until now. After years of (some of) the emo(*) kids praising this one, I had to finally go through it. I gotta say, I still don’t get it. Don’t get me wrong, there’s some cool stuff in here. Lying Is The Most Fun… is a totally acceptable replacement for the other song from that cancelled band that this one is definitely ripping off. The first verse and chorus of I Write Sins Not Tragedies is still one of the most interesting sections of emo(*) from that era, and the way the song transitioned in from But It’s Better If You Do was a surprise that legitimately gave me chills. But so much of the rest of the album is just too wordy, and the random cabaret and electronic elements make me roll my eyes more often than get the tingles. Who decided this album needed to end with My Favorite Things? The emo(*) kids are gonna come at me for this one
Disappointing
Fave: Lying Is The Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off,
Least: ,
0 comments:
Post a Comment