Shared by: Ximena
I’ll be honest, I don’t really know who Harry Connick Jr is, but I’ve been told it is both a surprise he made a Christmas album, and also a surprise how good it is. I was told this like at least 8 years ago, and though I never actually listened to the album, that information stuck in my mind. That all changes this year, though, as I finally listened to the album. And yea, it’s pretty good. I don’t think I’m surprised at its existence or its quality, but that’s all relative. So what are my absolute subjective thoughts?
Junior here nails the sad songs. Some of the more upbeat songs have a level of corn that I don’t love, but the more somber tracks pack a solid punch for a Christmas album. This version of Little Drummer Boy seems a little too sparse and… creepy? I don’t think this is the best Christmas album, as it was advertised to me, but it’s solid.
Word
Fave: When My Heart Fonds Christmas,
Least: I Pray On Christmas, Little Drummer Boy
0 comments:
Post a Comment