Friday, December 20, 2024

Baron - Christmas With Baron

Baron - Christmas With Baron

Shared by: Self

I feel like soca Christmas music shouldn’t work, and yet here we are. I’m practically all in on this concept. Bringing this fun, dancey sound to these songs, many of which are typically somber and slow, is a refreshing change from the usual sounds of Christmas music. I doubt this concept is wholly original, as I’m pretty uneducated when it comes to soca, but it’s original to me so it gets the crown. Crown Him!

My personal issue with this album is that though there are 14 songs on the album, there’s really more like 4 songs. While Auld Lang Syne and Crown Him are standalone songs, the others all run into eachother more as two extended medleys. This is kind of cool, but when there’s seven songs in a row with the same basic beat and tempo and zero breaks between them it’s a bit hard to pay attention and actually note when we’re doing a different song. And throwing any of the songs into a playlist always has a super jarring end. However, it’s probably great for a DJ doing a holiday show that wants to fit in some actual holiday music but keep people dancing.

Also, who in their right mind starts a Christmas album with the New Year song? Chaotic Energy.

Hell Yeah

Fave: Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem, Auld Lang Syne
Least: Feliz Navidad,

0 comments: