Wednesday, March 19, 2025

Strelitzia - Winter

Strelitzia - Winter

Shared by: Alanna

If you like any subcategory of emo or its adjacent genres, I think this albums got something for you. It’s got Midwest emo, twinkly emo, pop punk emo, mall emo, math rock emo, post hardcore emo, screamo emo, post rock emo, indie rock emo, acoustic emo. I’ve never heard it all in one place quite like this before. It’s really only possible with the extreme song lengths, For most of the genres they’re dipping their toes into, I would prefer them to trim the fat a little bit, but I also understand they probably wouldn’t be able to do all they want to do in less time.

On a production note, I’m really not a fan of their “clean” (read: not distorted) tone. The reverb and delays and all the other effects are cool, but the underlying tone has that particular sound that I don’t wanna call lifeless, but that’s the best term I can describe it as. It sounds technically accurate, but if it weren’t doused in the other effects it would kind of sound like someone playing an electric guitar not plugged in.

Wow

Fave: This Bed Ain’t Big Enough Fer The Two Of Us,
Least: ,

0 comments: