Shared by: Morgan
Picture this: it’s the summer of 2009. You’re on a family summer vacation, your older brother is doing some of the driving, and he’s just picked a new CD. A self titled album with the first track of the same name, and it says it a bunch of times. You hear the album during drives a few times over the week, but the only thing that really stuck with you is the name. Wilco. Wilco. Wilco. Branding was on point, I guess. So 15 years later, you decide you’re finally going to give it a proper listen. Unfortunately, the fun trip down memory lane was the best part of the album. I nearly skipped Bull Black Nova for slamming me with that staccato note for nearly 5 minutes straight. But the rest of it was just fine. Never really pulled me in or surprised me in any way. Which is perfectly acceptable, but probably not something I’ll return to in another 15 years.
Not For Me
Fave: One Wing,
Least: Bull Black Nova,
0 comments:
Post a Comment