Tuesday, April 1, 2025

Carl Orff, Michael Tilson Thomas - Orff: Carmina Burana

Carl Orff, Michael Tilson Thomas - Orff: Carmina Burana

Shared by: Mariaisabel

If you want to start your day with a lot of anxiety, Carmina Burana’s got you. Or at least O Fortuna’s got you.

Honestly, I’m not entirely comfortable speaking on classical type music like this because i feel like once I start I’ll get hit with “THIS ISNT EVEN SLIGHTLY CLASSICAL ITS FROM THE 1930’S!!” I looked it up to make this joke, I never would have guessed it was that (relatively) new. Listen, I’m an average Joe when it comes to orchestral music. If there’s an orchestral, I’m gonna call it classical.

Outside of O Fortuna, I don’t know any of this music. It’s not all doom and gloom, which is a relief. I wish the recording was a little more lively. And I have no idea which song was my favorite cuz the names all start with Carmina Burana: and then cut off, but there was one I liked! And it wasn’t the weird frosty the snowman cover

Word

Fave: ,
Least: ,

0 comments: