Monday, March 17, 2025

The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God

The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God

Shared by: Self

I feel a little silly not knowing that this album is named after the first song on the album, which is a song I very much know but have apparently never known the name of. I also have learned the song was prominently featured in a commercial, and I just really hope that’s not a major factor in me knowing the song. I don’t think it is, because I was definitely introduced to The Pogues when I was like 10, learning of their original name that meant kiss my ass, and thinking “this guys voice is complete chaos for the role of lead singer”.

I think it’s funny that these are still 2 thoughts that first come to mind when listening now. I do like the voice a lot of the time, but like on Bottle Of Smoke it is just an absolute mess of mumbles that kind of makes me giggle.

I was also surprised to hear how many songs are just “we’re gonna try this style now”, for better or for worse.they probably end up being my least faves on the album, but mostly because I’m trying to curate a vibe here.

Cool

Fave: If I Should Fall From Grace With God, Fairytale Of New York - Edit
Least: Fiesta,

0 comments: