Shared by: Self
All the homies hate The Decemberists. I don’t know why I feel differently, but here we are. Even still, I wasn’t expecting much from this release. I fell off from them, only really enjoying Castaways and Cutouts and The Crane Wife. Their albums before, between, and after never stuck for me. But I saw the released something new so I said “screw it, why not?” Five seconds in to Burial Ground and I knew this one was different. There is some truly memorable things here, and a lot of songs do their own distinct thing which keeps the listen fresh and doesn’t feel toooo gimmicky. There’s a bit of a lull midway with songs like BLANK, and I wish the production was a little punchier. The drums seem to disappoint most, when I really want something big and they don’t deliver. I also wish the practically old school metal song at the end of Joan in the Garden wasn’t hidden behind so many minutes of noise. But this was a great surprise, and I’m glad I took the risk.
Added To Zune
Fave: Burial Ground,
Least: ,
0 comments:
Post a Comment