Shared by: Self
There’s nothing like sitting in the backseat on the way to grandmas house on Thanksgiving, and the whole time you gotta hear some dude talking absolute nonsense for 20 minutes. But this time around, I had a lot more questions than ever before.
First off, there’s the timeline of the story. On Thanksgiving, a Thursday, he and his friend go to see Alice, and decide to get rid of her garbage. The next day (Friday), they get arrested for their illegal dumping. Then the next day they have to go to court. That is a Saturday. I know there is no way Stockbridge, MA has the courts open on a Saturday, certainly not the one after Thanksgiving.
Arlo says he put Alice’s garbage on top of another pile of garbage. But Obie says Arlos name was found at the bottom of the pile. How did it get there? Shouldn’t Alice name been easier to find, as it was her garbage? Obie called for Arlo at Alice’s place, but had no interest in Alice? Something isn’t adding up!!!
Story aside, there’s a b-side to this? With a bunch of regular length tracks? That are notably not recorded from a show like Alice’s Restaurant Massacree is? (I suppose the real question is, why the difference?)
On top of that, Wikipedia lists all of the other musicians as “unknown”. Who are these people?
I know I’m not getting answers to my questions, and I can live with that. I’ll still probably hear this song just about every year until I die. And the b side wasn’t bad. Ring A-Round-A-Rosy Bag’s riff I think is too close to Alice’s Restaurant Massacree for being on the same album after hearing it for 18 minutes.
Cool
Fave: I’m Going Home,
Least: Now And Then,
0 comments:
Post a Comment